Saturday, October 11, 2014

U.S. CONGRATULATES PEOPLE OF SPAIN ON THEIR NATIONAL DAY

FROM:  U.S. STATE DEPARTMENT 
On the Occasion of Spain's National Day
Press Statement
John Kerry
Secretary of State
Washington, DC
October 11, 2014

On behalf of President Obama and the people of the United States, I congratulate the people of Spain as they celebrate La Fiesta Nacional de España on October 12.

Spain and the United States are united by history and common values. I’ll never forget my first visit to Spain – and to Pamplona for the Running of the Bulls – while I was in college with friends road-tripping our way through Europe. And as Secretary last year, I was honored to host Foreign Minister Garcia-Margallo in Washington to discuss our shared security and prosperity and to celebrate the 500th anniversary of Ponce de Leon’s landing in Florida.

For more than two centuries, the United States and Spain have worked for international cooperation, peace and security, and economic prosperity. I look forward to our continued partnership as we advance our shared values in both of our nations and throughout the global community.

I wish you a joyous celebration as you observe La Fiesta Nacional de España.

Search This Blog

Translate

White House.gov Press Office Feed